Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tamron 28-300mm Vc - excellent Super Zoom Lens For Full Frame Dslr



Digital Photography Secretsby David Peterson Click Here!

Today I tried the Tamron 28-300mm Vc Lens on my Nikon D300s Camera. The Vc modernize is only available for Canon and Nikon users. The Vibration compensation (Vc) feature is well worth the money I paid for it.

This description will be a short review on this Lens.

Zoom Lens

I found the optic quality of this Lens to be great so I tested it with both full frame (Nikon D700) and cropped sensor Cameras (Nikon D300s). To my surprise, the images came out very sharp on both Cameras. To a normal viewer, the image quality of the Lens is comparable to a expert lens. The super zoom range was just perfect on my full frame camera.

Tamron 28-300mm Vc - excellent Super Zoom Lens For Full Frame Dslr

However, I found the zoom distance to be a bit awkward for a cropped sensor camera. If you want a good range, look at the Tamron 18-270mm Vc lens instead. This lens will give you a good zoom range for a cropped sensor Dslr. Although the 18-270mm Vc has a good range, I've found the lens' optic quality to be less sharp than the Tamron 28-300mm Vc.

When doing the review, I'm mildly surprised that this lens has a fast and strict autofocus mechanism. Here's one tip on autofocus: In low light, switch to by hand focus. This will preclude autofocus hunting (due to the lens' small aperture).

In terms of sharpness, I found the town and border sharpness to be excellent. The distortion is also minimal.

Another very handy feature is the zoom lock mechanism. I'm not afraid of zoom creep, especially when transporting the lens. The lens is also very light weight, making it very easy to handle.

As a final opinion for this review, I rate this lens as a great value proposition, ideal for non-professional use and Travel.

I don't propose this for expert use because the slow cleft speed makes it impractical for use in most expert Photography situations. Nor does it make sense to use this lens in greatest weather.

Tamron 28-300mm Vc - excellent Super Zoom Lens For Full Frame Dslr



Digital Photography Secrets by David Peterson Click Here!

Related : Compare Digital Camera Best Buy Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7

No comments:

Post a Comment